Charitable Grant Policy
The Morrisons Foundation awards grants to UK registered charities to support projects which make a positive difference in local communities. In making an application you agree that the terms and conditions set out below apply to the application process and to any grant we may make to you.
Information for all applicants
The application form you have completed is a request by you to us for funding, and you acknowledge that we are under no obligation to make a grant to you and that our decision is final.
The Morrisons Foundation is a registered charity: 1160224 (England and Wales) and SC045634 (Scotland) and private company limited by guarantee.
All applications for grants must be made through the Morrisons Foundation’s website (www.morrisonsfoundation.co.uk)
Grants may be applied for by any charity which is registered with the Charity Commission (England and Wales) or the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (Scotland).
Overall funding in any year is limited. As such the Morrisons Foundation reserves the right to limit and/or withdraw all or part of a charitable grant at any point.
Charities that have previously received a grant donation can apply for further funding after completing and submitting a post-grant report.
The Morrisons Foundation will not generally consider applications which are related to:
- Salaries and other running costs to support ongoing service delivery;
- Grants, bursaries etc. to individuals;
- Expeditions, recreation or overseas travel;
- Fundraising events;
- Work that is primarily the statutory responsibility of public agencies;
- Promotion of religious or political messaging;
- Event sponsorship;
- Advertising, promotion or marketing of events or services;
- Overseas appeals;
- Conferences or seminars;
- Equipment which will be retained by individuals rather than the charity;
- Animal charities, unless the objective is to improve the lives of vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals;
- Projects being delivered outside England, Scotland or Wales;
- Sports-based charities, unless the objective is to improve the lives of vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals;
- Projects which could harm the reputation of the Foundation.
If your application is successful, then these terms and conditions will apply to any funds paid by us to your charity, to support the project identified in the application.
- In these terms and conditions:
- Application means an application made by you to us for funding.
- Grant means any grant or donation made by us to you.
- Project means the project detailed by you in your Application.
- Term means the period specified in any grant offer letter sent by us to you.
- We, us, our means the Morrisons Foundation and includes its trustees and those acting for it and you and your means the applicant charity.
- Your Application is deemed to be approved by us on written confirmation by us that we will be making a Grant to you and the amount of the Grant. Written confirmation may include an email.
- The Morrisons Foundation awards charitable grants at its sole discretion and In accepting the Grant, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Grant and your obligations
- The Grant must be used by you exclusively for the delivery of the Project, which is, and which you must ensure remains, a charitable activity for the public benefit.
- You agree to act in good faith in relation to your use of the Grant.
- to keep accurate records detailing how the Grant has been applied and to provide this information to us upon request;
- to maintain and not contravene any consents or approvals required for carrying out the Project.
- Successful applicants will receive a cheque made payable to the charity responsible for the project. Cheques must be cashed within 6 months of the date of the cheque. After the expiration of 6 months, from the date of the cheque, the cheque will automatically be cancelled; and the trustees of the Morrisons Foundation reserve the right to not reissue the cheque if the applicant has failed to cash the cheque within the 6 month timeframe.
Repayment of Grant
Notwithstanding any other provisions in these terms and conditions, we (acting reasonably) reserve the right to ask you to repay all or any part of the Grant which in our opinion:
- has not been used solely for the Project;
- has been used for non-charitable purposes; or
- remains unspent at the end of the Term.
- Where 4.1 applies, you agree to make any such repayments within 14 working days or such other timescale as agreed by us.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions in these terms and conditions, we (acting reasonably) reserve the right to ask you to repay all or any part of the Grant which in our opinion:
- We may ask you for update reports on the progress of the delivery of the Project being supported by the Grant and you must then provide us with such a report promptly and in the form requested by us.
- We may use your reports for our reporting purposes and to publicise the activities of the Morrisons Foundation.
- You must comply with any reasonable requirements that we may have for site visits, compliance visits and meetings with your officers or agents at any reasonable time and on reasonable notice.
- You must, on request, provide us with such further information and documents as we may reasonably require in order for us to establish that the Grant has been used properly in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Upon completion of the Project, you must submit a Post Project Report which outlines the benefits/outcomes delivered and is in the form prescribed by us from time to time.
Publicity and marketingWe and Morrisons Plc may publicise details of the successful Projects on-line, in our literature and in the relevant Morrisons stores. You agree that we may disclose the existence of the nature of our relationship with you for publicity purposes and use the information and images included in your Application (or provided to us separately) to use in our literature, online and/or to display in the relevant Morrisons store for publicity purposes.
- If we have specified a Term, our agreement with you will end on the expiration of the Term.
We may cease to provide the Grant (or any unpaid instalments of the Grant) and terminate our agreement with you immediately if any of the following happens:
- you breach any of these terms and conditions, including the use of the Grant;
- you cease trading or become unable to repay your debts and/or an insolvency situation arises (for example a receiver, liquidator or administrator, trustee or similar is appointed over any of your assets or you propose to make any arrangement with your creditors or you enter into liquidation);
- you do something which has, or which we deem may have, the potential to materially damage our brand, our reputation or goodwill. For the avoidance of doubt, such activity by you may not necessarily be through work undertaken on the Project, it could be through other areas of your work; or
- you are unable to perform your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- All information and data (including personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) collected or obtained by you in relation to the provision of the Project (Data) will remain your property (or that of your licensors) provided that we and our agents shall be entitled to use the Data for any purpose, including for analysis and statistical purposes, for market research, for the general promotion of our activities and for auditing purposes. You shall provide the Data and such other requisite information in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You agree and acknowledge that we and our agents shall have the right to use any Data for the purposes set out in Clause 8.1 above and you shall ensure that data subjects are informed of and consent to our and our agents' access to and use of the Data that is collected in relation to them. You shall ensure that such notice is given/consent obtained at the time of collection of any such Data and such wording is included in any agreement, quotation form, contract form, referral form or application form.
VATYou acknowledge that the Grant is not part of any taxable supply for VAT purposes by you to us. You understand our obligation does not extend to paying you any amounts in respect of VAT in addition to the Grant and that the Grant made by us is inclusive of VAT.
- Overall funding in any year is limited. You acknowledge that we can only guarantee payment of the Grant as long as funds are available. As such the Morrisons Foundation reserves the right to limit and/or to withdraw all or part of a Grant at any point.
- You may not transfer any part of the Grant or any rights under it to another organisation or individual, unless you have entered into an agreement which must have been authorised by us in writing, permitting you to work with another organisation in delivering the Project.
- Any variations to these terms and conditions shall not be valid unless agreed in writing by us.
Any notice or communication to be given under these terms and conditions must be made in writing. We will assume any notice has been received two working days after the date it was posted. We will also assume that any notice given electronically shall be deemed to have been received at the beginning of the next working day, so long as a confirmation of sending receipt is received. Notices shall be sent to:
- The Morrisons Foundation:
- or to such other address(es) as we may notify to you from time to time; and
- The Morrisons Foundation:
- you at the address provided to us by you on the Application.
- These terms and conditions and the documents referred to in them (including the Application) contain everything agreed between the parties in relation to the Grant.
- If a court decides that part of these terms and conditions are not enforceable in law, that decision does not alter the enforceability of the rest of the terms and conditions.
- The Grant, these terms and conditions and all disputes and claims arising out of or in connection with them will be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.