Match Funding Policy
The Morrisons Foundation is pleased to be able to offer Morrisons Colleagues the opportunity to apply for Match Funding to support their fundraising efforts for their chosen charities.
Terms and conditions
- The Morrisons Foundation is a registered charity: 1160224 (England and Wales) and SC045634 (Scotland) and private company limited by guarantee.
- All applications for match funding must be made through The Morrisons Foundation website. (www.morrisonsfoundation.com).
- The Morrisons Foundation will only consider match funding applications for fundraising to support charities that are registered with the Charity Commission (England and Wales) and/or the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (Scotland).
- Overall funding in any year is limited. As such The Morrisons Foundation reserves the right to limit and/or withdraw all or part of any match funding at any point and in submitting an application you acknowledge that we are under no obligation to award match funding and that our decision is final
- Match funding is only available to current Morrisons Limited colleagues who are fundraising for a charity. Applications should be submitted by a colleague who is employed by Morrisons Limited both at the time of the request, and the time the fundraising took place.
- Applicants are permitted up to two successful applications per financial year (1st November - 31st October inclusive).
- Applicants must raise a minimum of £50 to be eligible to apply, with match funding available up to a limit of £1,000 per colleague per application. The amount awarded is at the discretion of the Morrisons Foundation.
- Applicants must be entirely responsible for their fundraising activity (e.g. colleagues volunteering at a charity ball to host an auction would not be eligible for matched funding)
- When calculating the amount raised by colleagues, any amounts contributed to the colleague’s fundraising activities through Gift Aid shall be ignored for the purposes of calculating the match funding available.
- Applications can only be submitted for colleague fundraising activities delivered outside of your role. Any fundraising which takes place in a store must be over and above routine store fundraising activities (e.g. bucket collections, raffles, tombolas)
- Individual colleague applicants who fundraise with a group of people who are not employed by Morrisons should apply only for the amount they raised personally (this can be a pro-rata calculation), not the total amount raised by the group.
- Applications from a team composed of colleagues are accepted, but only one application per event should be submitted.
- The team should nominate one colleague to submit the application on behalf of the fundraising group for the total amount raised.
- In the event of a successful application, the amount donated will be calculated based on the number of colleagues involved, up to a maximum of £1,000 per colleague in the team (e.g. a team of four colleagues raising £5,000 would be matched £4,000, whereas a team of three colleagues and three non-colleagues raising £5,000 would be matched £3,000).
- Applicants should pay the funds they have raised to the recipient charity prior to submitting a Match Funding application to The Morrisons Foundation, and retain a receipt of this as evidence of the amount raised which will be required at the point of match funding application.
- Applicants should submit their match funding applications to The Morrisons Foundation within three months of transferring the funds to the recipient charity.
- Applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of their match funding application within six weeks of submission, but The Morrisons Foundation accepts no liability for any delay, however this may have been caused.
- In the event of a successful application, match funding will be transferred directly to the recipient charity. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the charity’s details are correct when submitting an application to ensure the funds are received by the charity.
- In the event of a successful application, details of your fundraising may be passed to your chosen charity. We may also share your email address with the recipient charity so that they can contact you and thank you for your donation. Further information about how we handle your personal data can be found here.
- In the event of a successful application donations will be transferred directly to the charity. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the charity’s details are correct when submitting an application to ensure the funds are received by the charity.
- The Morrisons Foundation reserves the right to withdraw or amend the match funding programme at any time.